Pay it forward
Apply to be a Cohort Captain today!
Are you ready to take your leadership skills to the next level? Looking to pay it forward to the community? If so, we want you to be a Fall 2018 Cohort Captain!
Early deadline: May 18
Early applications are open to all eligible candidates. Returning captains are strongly encouraged to apply by May 18th. Interviews start right away, and all early applicants will receive a final decision by June 8.
Regular deadline: May 31
Don't wait until the last minute! We conduct interviews on a rolling basis and spots can fill up quickly. All applicants receive final decisions by June 29.
Am I a good fit?
COOP alumni from Cohorts 1-31 are welcome to apply.
What we look for:
- A willingness to teach and be a support system for future COOPers
- Commitment to the program and an open mind to our fast-paced, start-up culture
- Teamplayer with great communication skills
- Able to provide professional feedback to your teammates, new COOPers and HQ
- Being able to commit at least 2 nights each week, August 20 to December 12
- All captains must be able to attend the first night of COOP
- General understanding of the digital landscape (digital marketing and/or data analytics)
What you'll be doing:
- Leading all classes that you signed up for
- Tracking new COOPers’ overall performance during program
- Grading and providing professional feedback on your pod’s assignments
- Communicating with HQ, co-captains, and COOPers via Slack
- Trusting the process and investing in your cohort and fellow captains
Compensation: Each captain will be awarded a stipend of $1,500 in two installments.
Summer 2018 training
Once all candidates have been selected, training will begin Tuesday evening, July 17th. Captain training will run every Tuesday and Thursday evening July 17 - August 9.