Are you ready to take your leadership skills to the next level? Do you want to pay it forward to the COOP community? If so we are looking for people like YOU to be part of COOP’s Captain Program!
What is the captain program?
The captain program is an opportunity to pay it forward to the new incoming COOPers. You will learn how to teach, mentor and and coach the COOPers towards launching their meaningful careers. It includes two main elements:
1. Captain Training
July + August: once a week + fun weekend retreat
These sessions will set the tone for your captainship. There will be a mix of leadership and teaching training with a good dose of reflecting.
August to December: once a month
These check-ins are a great way to get ongoing targeted support, come together as a team of captains and provide feedback to COOP’s HQ team
2. Flagship Program
August to December: approximately 2 times a week
This is when the magic happens and we will count on you to deliver content and guide new COOPers through their experience in a fun, professional and supportive manner.
Who is eligible?
All COOP alumni from cohorts 1-18.
What makes a great captain?
- You must have a willingness to teach and be a support system for future COOPers.
- You must be committed to the program and open minded to our fast paced start up community.
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Committed to attending all evening captain trainings starting in January.
- Committed to attending all mandatory captain meetings that occur once a month.
- Able to provide professional feedback to COOP HQ
- Must attend all previously chosen scheduled night classes from 6:30 to 9:30pm
This is a contractor role with a fixed stipend of $1,500.
COOP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.